Weekly Geek #15: Book Covers

31 August 2008

This week's WG is on book covers. I'm supposed to post close ups of book cover(s) and you're supposed to guess the title and author of the book.


My rules -> I collect postcards and LOVE to receive and send snail mail, so I'm sending postcards to the first people to guess correctly! 

If you guess only the author or the title, you'll receive one postcard. If you could guess both the author and title, then you'll receive two postcards. If you guessed correctly for more than one picture, you could choose between receiving postcards, or a copy of my latest zine, superfairyanimal #11 (while stock lasts :p). I know, sending books would be more impressive, but this way I get to send to more people. 

Happy guessing! I think they are fairly easy to guess... probably...

[edit September 7th: no one guessed #1 and #7, so I've put up the answers below!)

1.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky


2.
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
(answered by Huda)
3.
Many Waters by Madeline L'Engle
(answered by Melanie!)
4.
84 Charing Cross Road (answered by Terri!)
the author's name haven't been guessed yet... the first to comment gets the 2nd card for this pic!

5.
The Orphan's Tales: In The Night Garden by Catherynne M. Valente
(answered by Ichigo)
6.
The Yellow Fairy Book by Andrew Lang
(answered by Joanne)
7.
The Secret Commonwealth, Robert Kirk

To those who are supposed to receive snail mail (postcards or zines) from me, just e-mail me the address I could send them to at -> marisarepin[at]gmail(dot)com 

19 comments:

Terri August 31, 2008 at 4:21 AM  

I'm pretty sure #4 is 84 Charing Cross Road -- or The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street?

marineko August 31, 2008 at 4:26 AM  

Yup, it's 84 Charing Cross Road!
You get 1 postcard :D

Melanie August 31, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

Is #3 Madeleine L'engle's "Many Waters"?

Ali August 31, 2008 at 9:34 AM  

I feel like I have #3 sitting on a bookshelf around here somewhere... Can't get it, though! I'm thinking, I'm thinking...

marineko August 31, 2008 at 9:36 AM  

melanie - yes, it is! you get 2 postcards :D

marineko August 31, 2008 at 9:38 AM  

ali - sorry, melanie already guessed correctly for #3.

Kim August 31, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

Is #5 The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman?
*smiles*
Kim

marineko August 31, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

kim - no, it's not. but i can see why one would think it is! :D

Book Zombie August 31, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

I am confident that #6 is the Yellow Fairy Book (Andrew Lang) It was one of my favorite bedtime books when I was little :)

marineko August 31, 2008 at 7:24 PM  

joanne - you're right! i love Andrew Lang's fairy books; i only own the blue and yellow one at the moment, though. you win 2 postcards!

Anonymous August 31, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

#2 is Pride and Prejudice! (I think). And I actually suck at quessing games >_<

Huda

Dewey August 31, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

I don't know any of them except one that was already named, but I sure had fun looking at these gorgeous covers!

ichigo August 31, 2008 at 11:50 PM  

oh oh oh..i'm soo excited but i have no ideas what books are they..btw, nice cover, very delightful!

ichigo August 31, 2008 at 11:57 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
ichigo September 1, 2008 at 12:00 AM  

5. The Orphan's Tales: In the Night Garden by Catherynne M. Valente

marineko September 1, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

huda - you're right! 2 postcards for you, because you named the author to me in person.

ichigo - yup, you're right! :D i knew you'd get that one, hahaha...

Chris September 5, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

Wow, I have no idea!

Anonymous September 9, 2008 at 1:48 PM  

The postcards are gorgeous! I adore the fairy picture, and the Blythe one is so cute!

Anonymous September 9, 2008 at 1:48 PM  

Oh, the comment above is by Huda, btw

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP